P3I is dedicated to enhancing Process Improvement initiatives in all business sectors.
Our skilled team of professionals is qualified and has experience in managing improvement efforts in all size organizations.
P3I is a Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Partner providing CMMI® services. P3I is licensed by the SEI to provide SEI Introduction to CMMI training and to provide SEI SCAMPISM Appraisal Services.
CMMI models are tools that help organizations improve their ability to develop and maintain quality products and services. CMMI models are an integration of best practices from proven discipline-specific process improvement models, including the CMM® for Software, EIA 731, and the Integrated Product Development CMM.
P3I has staff onboard with the following SEI authorizations:
- SEI-Authorized Instructor for Introduction to the CMMI
- SEI-Authorized SCAMPI Lead Appraiser
- SEI-Authorized SCAMPI B & C Team Leader
As an SEI Partner, P3I provides training and appraisal services of the same high quality as that delivered directly by the SEI and all other members of the SEI Partner Network.
In 2007, Kathryn Gallucci of P3I received the SEI Outstanding Advocate Award. The SEI Outstanding Advocate award is given to an individual who has made a far-reaching, sustained contribution to the promotion and support of the SEI Membership program by actively engaging in the software community.
The professionals at P3I are skilled in evaluating and improving an organization’s management, engineering, and support processes. Our staff has the software, systems, acquisition, and program management experience to assist Industry and Government clients in baselining and improving their processes and performance.
The Standard CMMI Appraisal Method for Process Improvement (SCAMPI), developed under the auspices of the SEI for varying appraisal needs, are proven tools to evaluate and measure the maturity of an organization’s product development, services, and/or acquisition processes.
SCAMPI Activities include planning, site-visit, final briefing, Appraisal Disclosure Statement, and submittal of results to the organization and the SEI.
- SCAMPI A Appraisals are a full comprehensive appraisal method, with thorough model coverage where a maturity rating may be provided if desired by the sponsor. A SCAMPI A is led by an SEI Authorized SCAMPI Lead Appraiser with a team of trained appraisers. Minimum team size is four. If an organization is providing team members they must be trained in both the Appraisal Method and the CMMI.
- SCAMPI B Appraisals are less comprehensive than a SCAMPI A and, depending on the organization’s needs, can be less expensive. An organization may begin a SCAMPI B with an initial self-assessment which is then used by the SCAMPI B Team Lead and Team to focus on areas needing attention. No maturity level rating is determined in a SCAMPI B, but a risk assessment may be made to assist an organization with its future process initiatives.
- SCAMPI C Appraisals provide a quick look at an organization; checking for specific risk areas. The SCAMPI C is less expensive and doesn’t require the level of training needed for SCAMPI As or Bs.
Introduction to CMMI V1.2
The Introduction to CMMI V1.2 is a three-day course which introduces systems and software engineering managers and practitioners, appraisal team members, and engineering process group (e.g., SEPG, EPG) members to CMMI fundamental concepts.
The course is composed of lectures and class exercises with opportunity for participant questions and discussions. After attending the course, participants will be able to describe the components of CMMI models and their relationships, discuss the process areas in CMMI models, and locate relevant information in the model.
This course fulfills a prerequisite requirement for any course requiring an official SEI Introductory CMMI course.
SCAMPI Team Training
SCAMPI Team Training is provided for organizational staff members who are slated to be SCAMPI Team Members or who will be supporting the SCAMPI event and need to be aware of the SCAMPI method. Training can be provided as part of the SCAMPI preparations incorporating specifics of the upcoming SCAMPI, or as a stand-alone event. The SCAMPI Team Training is two to three days and includes instruction and exercises.
SMSCAMPI is a service mark of Carnegie Mellon University.
®CMMI and Capability Maturity Model are registered in the US Patent and Trade Office.